Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fresh face



A couple of months ago, I watched the worst movie ever – Shaadi No. 1. Waste of (hubby’s) hard-earned 170 bucks, waste of three precious weekend hours (which usually make up a lazy afternoon) and generally, waste of space in the mind which cud have been used for inspirational thinking (duh?)
Anyway, the point is, when watching Shaadi no. 1, I was increasingly wondering what I’ve got myself into. Worse than the hackeyned story, the unimaginative jokes and the climax (if there ever was one) was the acting of almost all the heroes and heroines, except maybe Sharmaan Joshi who atleast brought a smile on my face a couple of times (I’m being liberal here). But amidst all this hodge podge, I cudn’t help noticing a pretty face, whose acting abilities I choose not to comment on. Soha Ali Khan. Her face has this freshness about it. It is not gorgeous. It is not exquisite. Nor is it exotic. But there is an element of innocence in her face that appealed to me. If there ever is an actor I forgive for the rubbish affair called Shaadi no. 1, it is Soha.
I do hope she works on her acting abilities and emulates her mother, the one and only beautiful Sharmila Tagore who has left an indelible mark in the chronicles of Bollywood. She and the rest of the actresses of that time had a distinctive charm about them which eludes the heroines of today. Let's hope their daughters cultivate this elegance.

Looking forward to Rang de Basanti. Watch this space.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vinayak said...

welcome fellow blogger...have a great time blogging

1/19/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Aparna S Mallya said...

Thnx, Kini.

1/19/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Dev said...

for a moment i tht that pic was of u! i plead temporary insanity.

1/21/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Aparna S Mallya said...

why do u always have issus with my fotos ???

1/22/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger dharmu said...

well, i agree with you re, the movie was a total crap. from the start to the end, and about the climax....was there ever one??? i doubt.

but dev....how could ypou ever thing apy would pose like that? with some guy?? looks like your casanova brain is working overtime.!!

just to add, even i thought it was your pic.

1/23/2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home